tatwamasi: the blog

(mostly fashion)

10.03.2008

Kera Fashion Show

Apparently, I suck at keeping a blog...

To make up for my absence I will now post and comment on the recent (Sept 23rd) "Individual Fashion Expo" by Kera and Marui One.



This is my favourite number from my favourite brand, "Baby the Stars Shine Bright". The brand is featured in a great film called "Kamikaze Girls" ... Shiro (or White) Lolita is something I'm very attracted to. I think because it's less busy, the textures of the fabric are the focus of the garment. Lace, bows, silk or chiffon...it's all very rich yet subtle.
Also, I love the makeup for this look. Next party, I'm going to bedazzle my face just like this.



This is a dress by "Metamorphose Temps De Filles" It was hard to choose by favourite, because all of the dresses were similar to this one. However, this look contains a heart-shaped purse (lust lust lust) and a BONNET. Yes, I want a bonnet just like this one. I prefer one, to three button gloves, but the dress is bang on.



Although this shade of pink is too reminicent of the late eighties- early ninties, I love the socks and ugly sweater...good work "Nile Perch".



I want this look for Christmas parties this year. The velvet dress really reminds me of my childhood for some reason, and everyone is rocking their 'Misshapes' plaid shirts, but this is a great way of conforming to the plaid trend and the tights trend at the same time, while still looking original. Replace the buckle shoes with some Mary Janes and this look can hit the street.
Designed by "Princess Doll"



Vero was talking about knee high socks being brought into fashion, in part because of Gossip Girl. Whatever the influence, the preppy look is in H-Core, just look at all the shrunken, urban renewal prep school/rushmore style jackets on UrbanOutfitters.com right now. And that sexy ad for the school of pouty, whistful looks Vero posted earlier in the fall.
As with the japanese version of everything, this is over the top. The faux lepord print and the striped socks do nothing for me, and I would not wear/buy flat white boots. However, everything above the waist is a little less punk rock and a little more preppy-extreme. I like people to wonder if I'm rocking their style or mocking them outright...this was "Metamorphose" again.

Love you ladies.
xoxo

1 comment:

Veronica said...

I hear ya, loud and clear. Though i do think that we needed to have the influence of prep on fashion. I mean, not everyone can afford alex wang, so when we wear decontructed sweaters that AREN'T made with the same materials (ie super expensive cashmere, etc) we just look cheap. Prep has a certain clean-ness to it that really improves a look.
Honestly, i'll take anything over belly-shirts or.. american apparel uniforms. Everything in moderation.

ALSO: WELCOME BACK TO THE BLOGSPHERE!!! <3<3