These articles in the big-time media are short and sweet, and don't say anything about Lolita fashion that you wouldn't already know from being within three feet of me, because I'm constantly talking about it. If it's true that you want to learn more, I have way better resources and I would be happy to post a beginner's guide...
The Reuters article was particularily redundant to me, but the photos were amazing! This girl is so, so beautiful and her expression is so wistful...
From The New York Times:
In New York, Sweet Lolitas are especially popular. “It is the most childlike of the looks,” Ms. Rutland said. “A lot of the prints are fruits and sweets or cute animals.” Frilly skirts with petticoats, baby-doll dresses, bloomers, corsets and high-necked, ruffled shirts are all part of the style, and no look is complete without a parasol, a headdress, a handbag or the perfect pair of Mary Janes. Fine lace and demure cuts emphasize the overarching preference for modesty.
The only problem with the NY Times photos was that the girls expressions were all so wrong, and other genres, like gothic aristocrat, boy-style, gothic-punk lolita, were not properly identified in the slideshow...shame. I think Pink Emmie does the red outfit on the left better.



No comments:
Post a Comment